WLKY - Sports Anchor/MMJ
WLKY is looking for a Sports Anchor/MMJ. In addition to producing and anchoring weekend sports broadcasts, this person will also work as a video journalist responsible for shooting, writing, and editing sports stories. This person also produces a Saturday evening local sports show.
We are seeking someone with an excellent sports IQ who has a wide breadth of sports knowledge. The perfect candidate is someone can generate local story ideas and report on any type of sporting event, from grade school to professional.
This person must understand the pace of a deadline-driven newscasts and special projects and take an appropriate content-focused approach to social media.
The ideal candidate is a compelling storyteller with a positive team attitude, who understands coverage planning and how to best deploy resources. This person loves sharing compelling sports stories and delivering them live to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, and on all our digital platforms. The position will primarily anchor weekends but also fill-in during the week.
- Must be highly skilled at sportscast production and execution, with a comfortable, engaging anchor presence.
- Shoot, write and edit information and video for stories, broadcasts and live reports.
- Put together high-quality stories (packages) or vosots on a daily basis
- Coverage of breaking sports news and everyday sports news
- Develop/maintain relationships with local high schools to generate compelling local sports stories. Develop/maintain relationships with local college and pro teams
- Shoot live shots with TVU equipment
- Must prioritize maintenance of all photographer gear and editing equipment, as well as maintain and care for station vehicles.
- Willing to cover news when needed
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have on-air experience anchoring and reporting on sportscasts and sports specials. 2-5 years of experience required
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
- Can handle the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Must be able to provide samples of anchoring local sportscasts and specials.
- Excellent writing and visual storytelling skills.
- Excellent on-air delivery and story presentation.
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Good personality on air. Must connect with viewers
- Must enjoy being part of a team. Must be a good newsroom citizen who positively impacts culture.
- Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Other