WLKY - Senior News Producer
WLKY has an opening for an experienced, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative and aggressive with breaking news. This person must work well under deadlines and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We are looking for an experienced producer with excellent news judgment, flexibility, and a positive, can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of excellent writing, story selection, and aggressive breaking news coverage. You must be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and remain calm under pressure. We are looking for a producer who understands the need for team building and great communication/relationships with on-air staff.
- Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Ability to thrive in a morning, evening or weekend news environment
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 3-5 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Must have professional experience producing a television newscast
- Experience with ENPS is a plus
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase elements/stories in newscast
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Other