WLKY - Newscast Producer
WLKY has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions, and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment, flexibility, and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Must be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and be calm under pressure. Must be willing to work weekends and nights.
- Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
- Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Other