WLKY - Anchor-Reporter
WLKY is looking for a dynamic, authentic Anchor/Reporter who brings energy, urgency and a professional yet conversational style to our weekend newscasts. In addition to solid news judgment and strong reporting skills, we are looking for a true team player - someone who brings positive energy to the newsroom and the news-gathering process. The right person for this position can cover big and breaking stories, enterprise compelling content and generate story ideas from local contacts. We are looking for a journalist who can deliver breaking news with urgency, credibility and context; can connect on air and on social with our viewers/users, as well as ad-lib comfortably in appropriate situations.
We are looking for a newsroom leader who will work well with the team to produce and execute winning newscasts. Our anchors write/edit/deliver scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, commands the anchor desk, but also has excellent live reporting skills.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works with reporters and producers in newscast production
- Covers day-of news or special project assignments
- Communicates and contributes pictures, video and text updates to social audiences
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events, understands station’s dedication to community
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- In-person attendance is required
- Past anchor experience (2-5 years) required
- Past reporting experience (2-5 years) required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends and holidays
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Military training and experience will be considered
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : On-Air/Technical