Maintenance /Operations Engineer - WLKY Hearst Television Louisville, KY
• This position is responsible for daily News Engineering operations including ENG reception and monitoring the technical aspects of our news production.
• Experience in operating DSNG trucks supporting special news events.
• Maintains ENG microwave trucks, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
• Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• The candidate should have experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 2+ years of experience in a related military occupation specialty
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Must have knowledge of computers, computer systems,
• Must have advanced skill with video production, microwave systems,
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
• Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
• Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
• Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
• Associates degree in electronic engineering or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics school equivalent.
• SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
• Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.
• Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering/IT