Commercial Writer Producer
WLKY, the Hearst Television owned CBS affiliate in Louisville has an opening for a Commercial Producer. This position is responsible primarily for creation of commercial television and multi-media advertising from inception to multi-platform distribution, following WLKY’s commercial production quality standards and maintaining our current excellent client relationships. In addition, the commercial producer will be assigned station promotion projects to help meet overall station objectives as needed.
The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic—able to execute messaging that breaks apart from the pack, execute contemporary production techniques, while being able to effectively communicate with managers, teammates, sales associates, and clients.
We’re looking for someone with the experience to help innovate for our local partners, execute hand-on commercial productions in our studio and on-location, write compelling copy treatments, work with a writer-producer to continue our market-leading execution, prioritize and schedule multiple projects, and communicate effectively in a diverse Creative Services department.
The Commercial Production Supervisor will be responsible for on-air, off-air, and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with CSD, General Sales Manager, and Local Sales Manager in developing commercials and strategies for our clients and their platforms of influence.
This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television Inc., one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. If you aspire to grow as a marketing executive by gaining experience in a fast-paced and competitive environment, apply today. Resume and video reel required.
- Work with the clients and Sales team to develop the best message and branding campaign for the clients’ needs
- Produce projects of various lengths for different platforms.
- Special projects, station events, PSA coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce and execute community outreach events, including on-air promotion and event planning/execution
- Assist WLKY news and promotion projects as needed.
- Produce, write, shoot, edit, light, and stage production shoots.
- Must be a creative writer who can turn concepts into compelling marketing copy
- Extensive Adobe Suite experience, as well as videography, lighting and audio experience
- Positive, motivated attitude with a strong work ethic.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Preferred: 2 years of hands-on experience working in commercial production
- Executing compelling messaging across all media platforms.
- Effective communication and excellent customer service.
- Must be a team player and think outside the box.
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion.
- Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet project goals.
- Non-linear editing and post-production required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application.
- Knowledge of various cameras, lenses, motion sliders, jib, gimbal, etc.
- Able to creatively light talent, and sets.
- Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills.
- Work well under extreme deadlines.
- Detailed oriented & organized.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Post-production skills are a must.
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record).
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred..
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Other