WLKY has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast, with the goal of becoming a news producer. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, the associate producer will learn to write/post stories to our digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have strong time management, writing and overall communication skills.
- Write stories and log interviews for newscasts.
- Assist producers and reporters with news gathering and monitoring of breaking news.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Learn to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- In-person attendance is required
- Previous television news producing experience desired, but not required.
- Military news producing experience will be considered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Other