WLKY has an opening for a freelance, part-time news producer. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative and aggressive, and must have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. Looking for someone with excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Applicants must have experience producing television newscasts.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts
- Ability to generate creative graphics and on-screen information
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2-5 years newscast producing experience
- Experience in a television newsroom
- Experience with ENPS software
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.