NEWS PRODUCER - WFIE
NEWS PRODUCER - WFIE
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
-Be able to write clearly and accurately; great grammar
- Able to work well under sometimes intense pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
- Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer.
- Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts.
- Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming new broadcast.
- There will be other duties as assigned from time to time.
Candidate must be a motivated team player with a great attitude. Successful candidate must be a strong writer, have a deep understanding of a story’s context and have a strong news judgment. Successful candidate will thrive in bringing order to the chaos of breaking news reporting, producing the market’s best overall coverage on a consistent basis.You must be very comfortable with change, able to alter your newscast before and during broadcast, and do it accurately. Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with the director. This is a job for an artist, who understands the science of research, ratings, and daily logistical calculations. Will have an eye for creative and engaging graphics. What you bring to the job should be a higher sense of what makes for “Great TV.”Must have the excellent writing skills and have the ability to visualize the newscast. Active, engaged movement and changes keep your audience focused.
Ideal candidate will have inciteful social media skills. Candidate must be calm in the heat of the moment and able to steer your team in the right direction. Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Candidate must be able to both sit for long periods of time when required and stand for long periods of time when required. College degree in journalism or related field required. Must hold a valid driver’s license. Drug screening required for employment.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : On-Air/Technical