DIGITAL NEWS CONTENT PRODUCER
14 News is looking for a Digital Content Producer. DCPs manage all of our digital platforms, including our website, news app, sports app, OTT apps, and social media platforms. DCPs fill each platform with local, regional and trending news. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, organized, able to work independently and can complete multiple tasks while meeting several deadlines.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Gather information for stories
• Write daily stories for each digital platform using AP-style writing
• Post content that is relevant for our audience on social media
• Copy-edit web story submissions from reporters and other newsroom personnel
• Send breaking news push alerts to our apps
• Livestream events using station technology on our website and social media platforms
• Monitor and answer comments and messages on our social media platforms
• Create unique content such as videos and graphics for social media posts
• Candidate must be a motivated team player with a great attitude. Successful candidate must be a strong writer, have a deep understanding of a story’s context and have a strong news judgment.
• Successful candidate will thrive at breaking news reporting, producing the market’s most accurate and fastest digital coverage.
• You must be very comfortable with change, able to discover, write and post news, and do it accurately. Digital Content Producers must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers and the digital team. You will need to know what works, follow your team’s and Gray Digital’s directions on what works best.
• Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Candidate must be able to both sit for long periods of time when required and stand for long periods of time when required.
• College degree in journalism or related field required. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter and references
(WFIE-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company)
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : On-Air/Technical